Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Tuesday

Tuesday April 7, 2009

Open this devotion in a prayer and praying to the Lord to open your heart and mind to the words you are reading and let the Holy Spirit speak to you through the scripture. In reading this passage, read it in prayer. Pray through the scripture by praying God’s words to the Lord.

Scripture

Psalm 91:1-2, 9-16 (NIV)

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High

will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress,

my God, in whom I trust."

If you make the Most High your dwelling—

even the LORD, who is my refuge-

then no harm will befall you,

no disaster will come near your tent.

For he will command his angels concerning you

to guard you in all your ways;

they will lift you up in their hands,

so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.

You will tread upon the lion and the cobra;

you will trample the great lion and the serpent.

"Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him;

I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

He will call upon me, and I will answer him;

I will be with him in trouble,

I will deliver him and honor him.

With long life will I satisfy him

and show him my salvation."

Each new day brings new fear. We fear war, crime, poverty, sickness, hunger, death. There is so much to be afraid of. This psalm claims the promise of the Almighty, trusting in God as a refuge and a fortress, and denying fear the power to prevail. Fear is a harmful and deceitful force. Fear causes us to pull back and limits our ability to be who God calls us to be. Fear can even keep us from God. But we are always invited into the shelter of God’s shadow. May that shelter be a refuge for you as you journey toward Jesus.


This reflection was written by a PC Senior.


Today please pray for Religious Student Organizations.


No comments:

Post a Comment